What is Social Prescribing?
At times we feel ‘unwell’, ‘out of sorts’ or ‘below par’ and a medical prescription is not the answer. What we are lacking is company, interests, or a change of scene to make us feel connected and motivated. Or perhaps we need counselling or more exercise to keep our bodies strong and our minds stimulated.
Our health and wellbeing starts with taking care of ourselves as best as we can.
- What do you need to help you feel more included?
- What could you do to feel happier in yourself?
- Do you want to make new friends?
- Are you aware of what is going on in your local area?
- Where are the exercise classes or social groups you could join?
That’s where social prescribing comes in!
Our free Social Prescribing service can provide you with a personal Health and Wellbeing Partner who will help you identify one or more activities to improve your wellbeing and support you in starting it.
How does it work?
One of our Health and Wellbeing Partners will meet with you to chat about your lifestyle and help you to identify activities that will benefit you and help you reach your goals.
The Health and Wellbeing Partners can help connect you to local services and activities to improve your physical and mental wellbeing:
- Arts and crafts
- Advice and guidance
- Addition support
- Physical activity
- Eating Well
- Meeting People
You are eligible if you are:
- Over the age of 16
- Need some support, guidance and encouragement to improve your mental or physical health and wellbeing –
- A patient at an Our Health Partnership GP Practice
Contact us for more info:
0121 663 0904 (and quote ‘Social Prescribing’) or ask at your GP Practice.
For more information Click Below
Social Perscribing Poster
Patient information leaflet